Alaska Defensive Driving
In Alaska, taking a state approved Defensive Driving course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Alaska Defensive Driving course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Defensive Driving in Alaska
Have a traffic ticket in Alaska? You'll be able to avoid the undesirable effects of your traffic citation by completing a state accepted traffic school training course. You can avoid getting points to your record, having your car insurance rates increase, and spending more money for many years to come when you dismiss your citation with traffic school. On top Of that, it is easy to brush up on risk-free driving techniques and traffic laws.
Along with dismissing your ticket, in your Alaska traffic school training course you will learn important information about safe driving. To register you just need to obtain authorization from the court and sign up for a face-to-face or online traffic school training course. Curtailing traffic accidents and steering clear of future traffic violations are merely a few of the things offered inside the Alaska traffic school training course. Utilizing the traffic school program on the internet allows you to use the fun and simple course at your very own speed
How to Register for Alaska Traffic School
Choosing a state accredited Alaska traffic school and enrolling in it is actually very simple. Abide by these steps you'll be able to dismiss your violation and keep your auto insurance rates affordable.
- Fist you will be locating the contact info for your court, that is on your violation. Then call up the courthouse and find out if you could take traffic school to dismiss your citation.
- Now that you've got authorization from your court, sign up for an Alaska traffic school training course on the Internet.
- Completely finish the Alaska traffic school course. If you choose the online Alaska course you can work at your own pace and many finish the course rather quickly. You will need to complete the course by passing a traffic school exam with an 80%. You can take the test as many times as you need to with the online course.
- When the traffic school course ends, they will provide you with a completion certificate. You will need to deliver the completion certificate to the court.
Alaska Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
In Alaska, like in most US states, each time you are pulled over and receive a traffic ticket, you will also get points on your driving record. Different tickets carry different point amounts, and as points amass on your driving record, your insurance becomes more expensive. You also become in danger of license suspension. Below are some common points amounts for tickets in Alaska.
- Driving through a school zone or playground crosswalk: 6 points
- Driving 3-9 mph over the speed limit: 2 points
- Driving 10-19 miles over the speed limit: 4 points
- Driving over 20 miles over the speed limit: 6 points
- Failure to stop or yield: 4 points
- Following too close: 4 points
- Careless driving: 4 points
- Negligent driving: 6 points
- Failure to yield to authorized emergency vehicle: 6 points
- Failure to stop for school bus loading/unloading: 6 points
- Failure to obey traffic control devices in school zone, playgrounds or park: 6 points
- Leaving the scene of an accident: 9 points
- Driving on suspended or revoked license: 10 points
- Driving while intoxicated/under the influence: 10 points
- Reckless driving: 10 points
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer: 10 points
- Speed contest/racing: 10 points
- Negligent homicide with a motor vehicle: 10 points
- Manslaughter with a motor vehicle: 10 points
- Assault with a motor vehicle: 10 points
- All other moving violations: 2 points
Your license could possibly be terminated if you get a great number of tickets quickly. Your Alaska driver's license will likely be revoked according to the points listed below. Using traffic school can on occasion make it easier to prevent license suspension.
- 12 or more points in 12 months
- 18 or more points in a 24-month period
Car Insurance Discounts for Using Traffic School
Lots of people do not know you can use traffic school to get a discount on your car insurance. For individuals that need a less expensive vehicle insurance rate, taking an Alaska traffic school training course could be the answer. Taking a traffic school training course, improves your driving expertise, and so vehicle insurance companies will reward you. Often the car insurance price cut is 20%. Prior to signing up, talk with your automobile insurance company to make certain they give a discount. Then just sign up for a traffic school program on the Internet and submit your certificate of completion.
Recommended Defensive Driving in Alaska
Alaska approved Defensive Driving online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Defensive Driving courses online in Alaska. Dismiss your ticket in Alaska today!
Take Defensive Driving Online. * Link opens in a new window.