Washington D.C. Traffic School
In Washington D.C., taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Washington D.C. Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Washington D.C.
Did you get a traffic citation in Washington D.C.? Enrolling in a state accredited traffic school course will allow you to steer clear of the negative penalties of your traffic violation. It is the easiest way of avoiding having more costly car insurance rates and extra points on your driver's record. Furthermore, you find out useful info on how to be a safe driver.
Finishing the Washington D.C. traffic school course will dismiss your violation and help you find out more on secure driving. Register for the web based traffic school course once your court provides you with permission. The training course is filled with helpful information about preventing accidents, future traffic tickets, plus more. People describe the Internet Washington D.C. traffic school course as fun, simple, and stress-free.
Learn how to Register for Washington D.C. Traffic School
Contrary to what it may seem, registering for Washington D.C. traffic school is easy. Just complete a few simple steps and you will steer clear of the pricey penalties of your traffic citation and also have your violation dismissed.
- Before you register for traffic school to dismiss your violation, you must phone the court and inquire if this is an option for you. This particular crucial information will likely be on the traffic ticket itself.
- Right after receiving permission through the court, you've got to find a traffic school that is state authorized. Although you may take your traffic school online or even in person, a lot of people like the web based classes better. When you choose your course, sign up.
- Then just complete the program before the deadline on your violation. The course takes most people around 6 hours but is self paced when taken online so you might complete it more quickly. At the end of the course you will need to score an 80% on an exam covering the material from the course. Using the online traffic school option you can take the course as often as you need.
- Once you finish the training course, you will be given a completion certificate to dismiss your citation. You will have to either mail this to the court or bring it in person depending on the court.
Washington D.C. Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
In order to keep the roadways safe and keep track of violations and potential problem drivers, the Washington D.C DMV uses a points system. Drivers who accumulate points will see their insurance premiums rise and can be at risk of having their license suspended or revoked. See the list below to better understand the Washington D.C. point system.
- Follow another vehicle too closely: 2 points
- Operate a vehicle with an improper class of license: 2 points
- Operate a vehicle with a license expired less than 90 days: 2 points
- Commit any moving violation that does not contribute to an accident and is not listed below: 2 - 3 points
- Fail to comply with seatbelt law: 3 points
- Commit violations that contribute to an accident: 3 points
- Speed 11-15 miles per hour above posted speed limit: 3 points
- Speed 16-20 miles per hour above posted speed limit: 4 points
- Fail to stop for a school vehicle with alternately flashing lights: 4 points
- Operate a motor vehicle in violation of a restriction on your license: 4 points
- Operate a vehicle with a learner's permit unaccompanied by a licensed driver: 5 points
- Speed 21 miles per hour or more above posted speed limit: 5 points
- Fail to give right-of-way to a pedestrian: 5 points
- Commit a misdemeanor crime involving the use of a motor vehicle: 6 points
- Fail to yield to an emergency vehicle: 6 points
- Leave the scene of a collision in which no personal injury occurs: 8 points
- Turn off headlights of a vehicle to avoid identification by a police officer: 8 points
- Leave the scene of a collision in which personal injury occurs (hit and run): 12 points and your license is revoked
- Flee or attempt to elude a police officer: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Drive recklessly: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Operate a vehicle after your driver's license has been suspended or revoked: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Use the driver's license of another person: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Receive conviction for an assault or homicide committed with an automobile: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Operate a vehicle under the influence of, or when impaired by, intoxicating liquor and/or narcotic drugs: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Operate a vehicle with any measurable amount of alcohol if the person is under 21 years old: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Commit a felony crime involving the use of a motor vehicle: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Make a false affidavit or statement under any law relating to motor vehicles: 12 points and your license is revoked
- Commit any violation while operating a vehicle without the permission of the owner: 12 points and your license is revoked
Receiving too many traffic violations in a short time period can cause your driver's license to be suspended. The points listed below demonstrate what it will take to have your license suspended in Washington D.C.. You sometimes can avoid losing your license through taking traffic school.
- 10-11 points: 90 day suspension
- 12 or more points: 6 months or more revocation
Auto Insurance Discounts for Finishing Traffic School
You can obtain a price reduction for your car insurance rates by taking traffic school. Completing a Washington D.C. traffic school course can be the answer to get lower car insurance rates. Insurance firms will compensate you for completing traffic school because you'll certainly be an improved driver at the conclusion of the training course. Oftentimes, the price reduction can be 20%. It's smart to check with your insurance provider prior to registering. When you are okayed, sign up for a web-based Washington D.C. traffic school program and once you are finished, deliver the certificate of completion to your insurer.
Recommended Traffic School in Washington D.C.
Washington D.C. approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Washington D.C.. Dismiss your ticket in Washington D.C. today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.