Delaware Defensive Driving
In Delaware, taking a state approved Defensive Driving course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Delaware Defensive Driving course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Defensive Driving in Delaware
Did you unfortunately get yourself a Delaware traffic citation? Finishing a state endorsed defensive driving program will help you avoid the bad outcomes of your citation. You are going to avoid getting points on your driver's record, having your car insurance rates rise, and paying for many years if you dismiss your violation with a defensive driving course. Also, utilizing the program will renew your knowledge of traffic laws.
You'll be able to dismiss your citation and be a much better driver when you use a Delaware defensive driving course. You will find out critical facts that can assist you to keep away from car accidents, traffic citations, and you will learn a lot about safe driving. The first task to registering for a simple and fast online Defensive driving training course is getting approval from your court.
The Steps to Take Delaware Defensive Driving
To avoid more costly car insurance and points against your record, follow these steps to take Delaware defensive driving. It's actually a shockingly simple process.
- Just before signing up for defensive driving, you must obtain the contact information for the court. Get approval from the court by phoning them to find out if you possibly can take defensive driving.
- After you've received court approval, search for a state accepted defensive driving training course. There are actually online and face-to-face options for defensive driving but many people decide on online for it's convenience. Then simply sign up for the defensive driving program.
- Take and complete the Delaware defensive driving training course. For most people the course takes around 8 hours, although the online version is self paced so you may finish more quickly. At the end of the course, there will be a final exam. You need a score of 80% to pass. With our online course you can take the exam as many times as you need.
- At the end of the course, you'll receive a certificate of completion for the court. Depending on the specific directions on your traffic ticket you can expect to either have to send this to the court or bring this to the court.
Delaware Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
In order to keep track of traffic violations and potential problem drivers, Delaware uses a points system. Under this point system, drivers amass points for violations, the most serious of citations having the most points. Points on your driving record can increase your insurance rates and lead to license suspension. Find common infractions and their point values below.
- Speeding 1 - 9 miles mph over posted limit: 2 points
- Speeding 10 - 14 mph over posted limit: 4 points
- Speeding 15 - 19 mph over posted limit: 5 points
- Speeding 20 mph or more over posted limit: 5 points and/or license suspension
- Passing a Stopped School Bus: 6 points
- Reckless Driving: 6 points
- Aggressive Driving: 6 points
- Disregarding Stop Sign or Red Light: 3 points
- Other Moving Violations: 2 points
If you're pulled over multiple times in a single year, your Delaware's license is usually suspended. The info underneath indicates the quantity of points against your Delaware driver record that can lead to suspension. You can prevent having your driver's license revoked by taking defensive driving in some instances. You may also be required by law to take a Delaware Aggressive Driver Program if you receive too many tickets.
- 8 points: An advisory letter
- 12 points: Driver must complete a behavior modification/attitudinal-driving course with-in 90 days after notification. Failure to comply or upon preference of the driver, mandatory 2-month suspension will be imposed.
- 14 points: Mandatory 4-month license suspension. To become eligible for reinstatement, the driver must complete or have completed a behavior modification/attitudinal-driving course within the previous 2 years.
- 16 points: Mandatory 6-month license suspension. To become eligible for reinstatement, the driver must complete or have completed a behavioral modification/attitudinal-driving course within the previous 2 years.
- 18 points: Mandatory 8-month license suspension. To become eligible for reinstatement, the driver must complete or have completed a behavior modification/attitudinal-driving course within the previous 2 years.
- 20 points: Mandatory 10-month license suspension. To become eligible for reinstatement, he driver must complete or have completed a behavior modification/attitudinal-driving course within the previous 2 years.
- 22 points: Mandatory 12-month license suspension. To become eligible for reinstatement, the driver must complete or have completed a behavior modification/ attitudinal-driving course within the previous 2 years.
Auto Insurance Discounts for Using Defensive driving
Numerous insurance agencies provide savings to drivers who take defensive driving, even when they do not possess a traffic citation. Should you need less costly automobile insurance, finishing a defensive driving course in Delaware is one solution to achieve this. Insurers want you to be a risk-free driver and therefore reward motorists who take a defensive driving course. The discount on insurance charges is often more than 20%. Check to make sure that your insurance carrier supplies a price cut just before signing up. When you are approved, register for a web-based Delaware defensive driving training course and when you are finished, deliver the certificate of completion to your insurance carrier.
Recommended Defensive Driving in Delaware
Delaware approved Defensive Driving online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Defensive Driving courses online in Delaware. Dismiss your ticket in Delaware today!
Take Defensive Driving Online. * Link opens in a new window.