Georgia Traffic School
In Georgia, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Georgia Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Georgia
Taking a state authorized Georgia traffic school course will help you remember risk-free driving strategies and traffic laws. Moreover, for people wanting to dismiss a traffic citation, keep from getting points on his or her driving record, and avoid even more expensive insurance rates, using a Georgia traffic school program will make this happen.
During your Georgia traffic school training course, you will learn info about secure driving and be able to dismiss your ticket. Enroll for the online traffic school program when your court gives you authorization. The program is filled with helpful information about curtailing accidents, future traffic violations, and more. What's more, the web-based program is convenient, speedy, and enjoyable.
The Methods to Take Georgia Traffic School
Looking for a state approved Georgia traffic school and signing up for it really is simple. Comply with these steps to dismiss your ticket, prevent points on your driving history, to make sure your insurance rates do not increase.
- Phone the court that's listed on your violation to inquire about if you possibly can use traffic school for ticket dismissal.
- After you have court authorization, locate a state approved traffic school course. Individuals usually pick online traffic school so they can complete it from their house. Then with your ticket info, register for the program.
- Finish the training course prior to the due date on your citation. For most Georgia citations, the course will cover 6 hours of material. If you choose our online course, it is self paced and untimed, so you may finish more quickly. Be prepared to pass an exam at the end of the course. You must score an 80% but with our online course you can take the exam multiple times if needed.
- After finishing the training course, bring in the completion certificate to the court. Some courts may perhaps let you mail in your certificate, so go through court guidelines meticulously.
Georgia Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
Like many states, Georgia uses a points system through their DMV to keep track of traffic violations as well as repeat offenders. The points system impacts drivers in two key ways. First, most insurance companies will increase your insurance premiums each time points are added to your record. Secondly, If you accumulate too many points in a short time period, your license can be suspended. Below you can learn more about points in Georgia.
- Reckless driving: 4 points
- Unlawfully passing a school bus: 6 points
- Improper passing on a hill or curve: 4 points
- Speeding 15-19 mph over the limit: 2 points
- Speeding 19-24 mph over the limit: 3 points
- Speeding 24-34 mph over the limit: 4 points
- Speeding 34 mph or more over the limit: 6 points
- Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer: 3 points
- Possessing an open container of an alcoholic beverage while driving: 2 points
- Failure to secure a load: 2 points
- All other moving violations: 3 points
- Child restraint (first offense): 1 point
- Child restraint (second and subsequent offense): 2 points
- Aggressive driving: 6 points (license suspension for drivers under 21)
- HOV lane violation (fourth and subsequent offense): 1 point
When you're pulled over too many times in a year, your Georgia's driver's license can be revoked. The following information on Georgia driver's license suspension illustrates how many points can cause suspension. A number of people can prevent having their license suspended through taking traffic school online.
- 15 points or more in a 2 year period
- Under 21: one 4 point offense can trigger license suspension
Auto Insurance Discounts for Finishing Traffic School
Even without a traffic violation, you possibly can use traffic school to acquire a price cut on your automobile insurance. If you would like lower your vehicle insurance expenses, finishing Georgia traffic school could be the answer for you. Insurance companies will reward you for completing traffic school considering the fact that you'll certainly be an even better driver at the conclusion of the training course. The discount on rates is usually above 20%. It's smart to check with your insurance corporation previous to registering. Then just complete your Georgia traffic school program and submit your completion certificate to the insurer.
Recommended Traffic School in Georgia
Georgia approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Georgia. Dismiss your ticket in Georgia today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.