Iowa Traffic School
In Iowa, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Iowa Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Iowa
Got a traffic ticket in Iowa? Passing a state accredited traffic school course will allow you to steer clear of the adverse effects of a citation. You can avoid adding points to your driver's record, having your auto insurance rates grow, and paying for years into the future after you dismiss your violation with traffic school. Also, it is possible to brush up on risk-free driving approaches and traffic laws.
There are two advantages of choosing an Iowa traffic school course- dismissing your CA violation and learning about how to be a less dangerous driver. The traffic school course teaches you to become an improved driver by helping you comprehend traffic laws and the way to avoid accidents and dangerous driving circumstances. Get authorization through the court to use traffic school to dismiss your ticket and then you can sign up for a fast and easy course.
How to Take Iowa Traffic School
Using and completing an Iowa traffic school course is fairly straightforward. Prevent points on your record by following a few simple steps to dismiss your citation with Iowa traffic school.
- Call the court that you were given your traffic violation to determine if you could take traffic school to dismiss your traffic ticket. The info to contact the court will probably be on the ticket.
- Choosing a state approved traffic school is step two. There are actually online and in person options, though the majority of folks choose web-based classes for their convenience. Once you find a program that suits you, follow the instructions to sign up.
- Just finish the program prior to the due date on the ticket. In Iowa the traffic school course contains 6 hours worth of material, but if you choose an online option it is self paced. You must pass a traffic school exam at the end of the course with an 80% or higher. If you opt for the online course you can take the test as many times as you need to pass.
- Once you finish the traffic school program, you will get a completion certificate. According to the particular instructions on your traffic ticket you'll either have to mail this to the court or deliver this to the court.
Iowa Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
The Iowa Motor Vehicle Department uses a point system similar to most states in the U.S. to monitor its drivers and their violations. Each time you are pulled over and given a traffic citation, it will appear on your record along with points. The more dangerous a citation, the more points it will have. The points given by the BMV are shared with your auto insurance company and an make your rates increase, and even may cause your license to be suspended or revoked. Learn more about the Iowa point system below.
- Making a false statement to the Department of Public Safety: 2 points
- Driving while your license has been suspended, denied, or revoked: 2 points
- Driving after your license has been revoked for an alcohol - or drug-related offense: 3 points
- Driving while barred: 4 points
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs: 4 points
- Committing an offense punishable as a felony under motor vehicle laws or involvement in any felony in which a motor vehicle was used: 5 points
- Leaving the scene or failing to offer help at an accident site: 5 points
- Eluding or attempting to elude a law enforcement officer: 5 points
- Causing serious injury with the operation of your vehicle: 5 points
- Manslaughter resulting from the operation of your vehicle: 6 points
You may be able to avoid getting your license suspended if you take traffic school. Iowa will revoke your driver's license if you happen to gather too many points on your record, but those points are not included if you should finish traffic school to dismiss your violation. Use the info listed below to learn about Iowa driver's license suspension.
- 6 to 7 points in 6 years: 2 years
- 8 to 9 points in 6 years: 3 years
- 10 to 12 points in 6 years: 4 years
- 13 to 15 points in 6 years: 5 years
- 16 or more points in 6 years: 6 years
Auto Insurance Discounts for Using Traffic School
Want a discounted car insurance monthly payment? Insurance companies might reduce your month to month vehicle insurance premium should you finish traffic school. Insurance firms think that using traffic school causes you to be an even better driver so they will reward you with more cost-effective automobile insurance. It's best to phone your insurance company first to make sure they will provide you with a deduction in price. Then, register for a traffic school study course on the Internet and after you conclude submit your completion certificate.
Recommended Traffic School in Iowa
Iowa approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Iowa. Dismiss your ticket in Iowa today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.