Illinois Traffic School
In Illinois, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Illinois Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Illinois
Around 96% of men and women just pay their ticket if they receive a traffic ticket. If you complete an Illinois traffic school training course instead of paying your violation, you may avoid having points to your driving record and having costlier car insurance rates for many years. Not only will using traffic school dismiss your traffic violation, it will help you be a far better driver.
During your Illinois traffic school course, you'll learn information and facts about secure driving and dismiss your ticket. To get started, call the court to inquire about if you could take traffic school. After which just sign up for an online traffic school course. The course is full of helpful tips about preventing accidents, potential traffic infractions, plus much more. Not only is a web based traffic school program stress-free, it is fast and pleasurable.
The Best Way to Enroll in Illinois Traffic School
The process of choosing and signing up for a Illinois traffic school training course online is uncomplicated. Your traffic violation will be dismissed when you abide by these basic steps so you will not need to worry about your insurance costs growing.
- Step one will be locating the contact information for the court, which happens to be on your citation. Phone the court to ask if traffic school is an option for you.
- The instant you've got court authorization to do traffic school, enroll in a Illinois traffic school course that is approved by the state.
- To dismiss your ticket, finish the traffic school training course ahead of your deadline. Make sure to pay attention during the course because you will have to pass an exam at the end of the course with an 80% of higher. If you decide to use our online course you can take the exam as many times as needed.
- As soon as you complete the course you'll be given a completion certificate. This completion certificate must be sent to the court to finish dismissing your citation.
Illinois Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
To keep track of citations and potential dangerous motorists, the state of Illinois uses a point system. For drivers, this means that each time they receive a moving violation points are added to their record, and in turn cause their insurance rates to rise. Additionally, points can sometimes trigger license suspension or revocation. Use the information below to learn more about the Illinois point system.
- Reckless Driving: 55 points
- Squealing or screeching of tires: 10 points
- Driving too fast for conditions: 10 points
- Speeding 1 to 10mph over: 5 points
- Speeding 11 to 14mph over: 15 points
- Speeding 15 to 25mph over: 20 points
- Speeding more than 25mph over: 50 points
- Exceeding the maximum speed limit in a school zone: 20 points
- Driving below the minimum speed limit: 5 points
- Driving below the minimum speed limit on an Illinois tollway: 20 points
- Not driving in the right-hand lane when proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic: 20 points
- Exceeding the maximum speed limit on a bridge or elevated structure: 10 points
Using traffic school can even be a strategy to prevent losing your driver's license. Considering that points do not show on your driving record when you take traffic school, you don't have to be worried about losing your driver's license from getting a great number of tickets. Better understand information about driver's license suspension in Illinois with the information below.
- 15 to 44 points: 2-month suspension
- 45 to 74 points: 3-month suspension
- 75 to 89 points: 6-month suspension
- 90 to 99 points: 9-month suspension
- 100 to 109 points: 12-month suspension
- 110 or more points: 12-month revocation
Auto Insurance Discounts for Completing Traffic School
In search of more cost-effective car insurance? Quite a few insurance providers give reduced prices to people should they take traffic school. Because completing traffic school could make you an improved driver, insurance companies are ready to give you a lower price tag. It is smart to contact your insurance firm first to guarantee they provide you with a reduction in price. Go ahead and take traffic school training course and submit your certificate of completion to your insurance company.
Recommended Traffic School in Illinois
Illinois approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Illinois. Dismiss your ticket in Illinois today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.