Indiana Traffic School
In Indiana, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Indiana Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Indiana
Do you live in Indiana and have a traffic citation? If you need to steer clear of the consequences of a traffic ticket, enroll in a state recognized Indiana traffic school training course to dismiss your violation. Once you dismiss a violation utilizing traffic school, you prevent getting points to your driving record and having your car insurance rates increase. Additionally, utilizing the program will refresh your knowledge of traffic laws.
There are two advantages of choosing an Indiana traffic school course- dismissing your Indiana violation and learning about how to be a less dangerous driver. The traffic school course teaches you to become an improved driver by helping you comprehend traffic laws and the way to avoid accidents and dangerous driving circumstances. Get authorization through the court to use traffic school to dismiss your ticket and then you can sign up for a fast and easy online course.
How to Take Indiana Traffic School
Using and completing an Indiana traffic school course is fairly straightforward. Prevent points on your record by following a few simple steps to dismiss your citation with Indiana traffic school.
- Call the court that you were given your traffic violation to determine if you could take traffic school to dismiss your traffic ticket. The info to contact the court will probably be on the ticket.
- Choosing a state approved traffic school is step 2. There are actually online and in person options, though the majority of folks choose web-based classes for their convenience. Once you find a program that suits you, follow the instructions to sign up.
- Just finish the program prior to the due date on the ticket. For the Indiana traffic school course, the course covers 6 hours of material but may be completed at your own pace online. You also will be required to take an exam at the end of the course and need to score an 80% of higher. Our online Indiana traffic school course lets you take the test as many times as you need to, although most people pass it the first time.
- Once you finish the traffic school program, you will get a completion certificate. According to the particular instructions on your traffic ticket you'll either have to mail this to the court or deliver this to the court.
Indiana Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
The Bureau of Motor Vehicles, or Indiana BMV, operates a points system to monitor drivers. Within the BMV's point system, different citations are given different point levels and if you receive one of those citations, points are added to your driving record. As these add up, your insurance rates can increase and your license could be suspended or revoked.
- Driving with a suspended license: 8 points
- Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle: 8 points
- Speed contest on road: 8 points
- Driving 26 mph or more over the speed limit: 6 points
- Failure to stop or yield: 6 points
- Following too closely: 6 points
- Driving16 to 25 mph over the speed limit: 4 points
- Illegal U-turn: 4 points
- Unsafe lane movement: 4 points
- Driving 1 to 15 mph over the speed limit: 2 points
- Failure to use headlights: 2 points
- Brake lights or signal lights not working: 2 points
You may be able to avoid getting your license suspended if you take traffic school. Indiana will revoke your driver's license if you happen to gather too many points on your record, but those points are not included if you should finish traffic school to dismiss your violation. Use the info listed below to learn about Indiana driver's license suspension.
- 18 or more points in a 2 year period: Administrative hearing, license suspension from 1 month to 1 year
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated
- Refusing a breathalyzer/chemical test
- Failing a breathalyzer/chemical test
- Driving while license is already suspended
- Miscellaneous criminal acts while in a vehicle
- Failing to yield to an emergency vehicle
- Failing to appear for or pay for traffic offenses
- Failing to meet insurance/financial responsibility requirements
- Dropping out of or being expelled from school
- Accumulating too many points on your driving record
- Failing to complete a mandatory driver improvement course
- Writing a bad check to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV)
- Failing to pay child support
- The act of graffiti
Auto Insurance Discounts for Using Traffic School
Want a discounted car insurance monthly payment? Insurance companies might reduce your month to month vehicle insurance premium should you finish traffic school. Insurance firms think that using traffic school causes you to be an even better driver so they will reward you with more cost-effective automobile insurance. It's best to phone your insurance company first to make sure they will provide you with a deduction in price. Then, register for a traffic school study course on the internet and after you conclude submit your completion certificate.
Recommended Traffic School in Indiana
Indiana approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Indiana. Dismiss your ticket in Indiana today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.