Kentucky Traffic School
In Kentucky, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Kentucky Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Kentucky
Have a violation or want to learn to become a better driver? Take a Kentucky traffic school course to dismiss your violation or just find out about risk-free driving. On top of that, for folks interested in dismiss a traffic violation, keep from getting points on his or her driving report plus more highly-priced rates, taking a Kentucky traffic school course will make this happen.
To be able to register you just need to have authorization from the court and then you can enroll in a face-to-face or web based traffic school program. The training course is filled with helpful information about preventing accidents, potential traffic violations, and much more. Additionally, the internet training course is convenient, quick, and entertaining.
How You Can Sign up for Kentucky Traffic School
Follow the subsequent steps to learn to sign up for and complete Kentucky traffic school to dismiss your traffic violation and avoid pricey consequences. Taking Kentucky traffic school really is easy.
- Always contact the court prior to enrolling in traffic school to make certain you could take traffic school to dismiss your traffic violation. The phone number and name of the court is often on the back of the traffic ticket.
- Look for a traffic school training course, which is approved for the state of Kentucky. Due to their versatility, almost all people choose to take online traffic school training. Then simply just follow the directions to enroll for the training course.
- Always finish the training course ahead of your due date to make sure you can benefit from dismissing it and not incur higher fines and penalties. You can expect the course to last around 6 hours in length, although our internet course is self paced.
- You will be given a certificate of completion at the end of the course. You will need to either send this to the court or bring it according to the region.
Kentucky Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
Keeping drivers safe is a number one priority for the Kentucky DMV and they use a points system to be able to monitor drivers and any traffic violations they receive. The Kansas point system assigns points to different moving violations and those points can accumulate on your driving record and impact insurance rates. They can also lead to your license being suspended in some cases.
- Driving 10 mph or less over speed limit on limited-access highway (you will pay a fine if convicted): 0 points
- Out-of-state conviction of driving 15 mph or more over the speed limit in a commercial motor vehicle: 0 points
- Driving 16 to 25 mph over speed the limit on any road or highway: 6 points
- Commission of hazardous moving violation involving an accident: 6 points
- Combination of any two or more hazardous moving violations in any one continuous occurrence: 6 points
- Failing to stop for a school or church bus: 6 points
- Improper passing: 5 points
- Driving recklessly: 4 points
- Following too closely: 4 points
- Driving on the wrong side of the road: 4 points
- Changing drivers in a moving vehicle: 4 points
- Not having control of the vehicle: 4 points
- Failing to yield to an emergency vehicle: 4 points
- Driving 11 to 15 mph over the speed limit on a limited-access highway: 3 points
- Driving 15 mph or less over the speed limit on any non-limited access highway: 3 points
- Driving 15 mph over speed limit in a commercial motor vehicle: 3 points
- Stop violations (electric signal, railroad crossing, stop sign): 3 points
- Failing to yield, including failing to yield right-of-way to a funeral procession: 3 points
- Driving the wrong direction on a one-way street: 3 points
- Driving too fast/slow for conditions: 3 points
- Improper driving, starting, turning: 3 points
- Failing to illuminate/dim headlights: 3 points
- Driving carelessly: 3 points
- Improper lane usage, including improper left lane/limited-access highway usage: 3 points
- Failing to comply with instructional permit requirements/regulations: 3 points
- Any other hazardous moving violations: 3 points
You can prevent license revocation through finishing a traffic school program in certain situations. Accruing a great number of points in a short time will cause license suspension, but if you take traffic school those points will not show up o your record. The information listed below describes Kentucky license suspension.
- 12 points within two years
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Three convictions of reckless driving in 12 months
- Leaving the scene of an accident (including failing to give your identity and aid)
- Driving without a license
- Driving without liability insurance
- Stealing a motor vehicle or any part of a motor vehicle
- Failing to satisfy court requirements (citations, summons, etc.)
- Failing to pay child support
- Failing to enroll in or complete State Traffic School if ordered by the court
- Illegally using your, or another's, driver license to purchase alcohol
- Fleeing/evading police
- Refusing a chemical test
- Felony involving a motor vehicle
- Manslaughter involving a motor vehicle
Auto Insurance Discounts for Completing Traffic School
Even without a traffic citation, it is possible to take traffic school to acquire a lower price on your auto insurance. Finishing a Kentucky traffic school training course could be the solution for getting cheaper car insurance rates. Insurers would like you to be a risk-free driver and as a consequence compensate drivers who take a traffic school program. Often times the auto insurance discount is 20%. Prior to registering, consult with your vehicle insurance organization to be sure they offer a deduction in price. Lastly, enroll in a Kentucky traffic school program and finish it.
Recommended Traffic School in Kentucky
Kentucky approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Kentucky. Dismiss your ticket in Kentucky today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.