Massachusetts Defensive Driving
In Massachusetts, taking a state approved Defensive Driving course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Massachusetts Defensive Driving course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Defensive Driving in Massachusetts
Were you ordered by the court to attend defensive driving in Massachusetts? For anyone who is mandated by the courts to take a defensive driving course, you can complete the requirement online from the comfort of your own home. During the online course you can sign in and out as often as you wish, and most people find the course both affordable and interesting. Unfortunately you are not able to take traffic school or defensive driving in Massachusetts to dismiss a ticket.
Additionally, taking Massachusetts defensive driving can help you to reduce your car insurance premiums. The program is full of helpful information about avoiding accidents, future traffic tickets, and more, and because of this many insurance companies will provide you a discount when you complete an online course.
The Steps to Take Massachusetts Defensive Driving
The entire process of finding and signing up for a Massachusetts defensive driving course on the web is very simple. You'll be able to fulfill your court requirement or lower your insurance rates by following these steps.
- Prior to signing up for defensive driving, it is advisable to find the contact info for the court and/or your letter from the registry to make sure you fully understand the requirements for your court ordered defensive driving course.
- Pick Massachusetts defensive driving program that is approved by the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Because of the overall flexibility, the majority of people prefer to use online defensive driving courses. Once you see a course that suits you, follow the instructions to enroll.
- After that just finish the program for the defensive driving. Make sure to finish the course before the due date for the court. The course covers about 6 hours worth of material but the online course is self-paced.
- At the conclusion of the Massachusetts defensive driving course you'll be given a certificate of completion that must be brought to the court. Follow the specific court guidance thoroughly.
Massachusetts Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
The Registry of Motor Vehicles, commonly known as a Registry, uses the Safe Driver Improvement Program to monitor the citations that someone gets as well as determine insurance premium rates. Within the system, drivers accumulate surchargeable points when they get traffic tickets that affect their insurance rates. Also, your license can be suspended if you collect too many tickets. The information below shows common surchargeable points in Massachusetts.
- Major Traffic Violation (i.e., D.U.I.): 5 points
- Major At-Fault Accident (claim over $2,000): 4 points
- Minor At-Fault Accident (claim over $500 to $2,000): 3 points
- Minor Traffic Violation (i.e., speeding): 2 points
When you're stopped many times in a year, your Massachusetts's license could be suspended or revoked. Your Massachusetts driver's license might be suspended based on the points listed below.
- 3 speeding violations within 1 year: 30 day suspension
- 5 surchargeable events within 3 years: Mandatory Driving Retraining Program
- 5 surchargeable events within 3 years: 60 day suspension
Automobile Insurance Discounts for Using Defensive driving
Many people have no idea it is possible to use defensive driving to get a price cut on your vehicle insurance. Those who want a lower priced auto insurance rate, completing a Massachusetts defensive driving program can be the solution. Considering the fact that insurance providers reap the benefits of you being a safer driver, they are going to compensate you for completing a defensive driving course. Oftentimes the vehicle insurance price reduction is 20%. Before registering, talk with your auto insurance company to make sure they offer a reduction. It is then as easy as signing up for an online defensive driving training course in Massachusetts.
Recommended Defensive Driving in Massachusetts
Massachusetts approved Defensive Driving online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Defensive Driving courses online in Massachusetts. Dismiss your ticket in Massachusetts today!
Take Defensive Driving Online. * Link opens in a new window.