Maine Traffic School
In Maine, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Maine Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Maine
Around 96% of individuals just pay their citation after they get a traffic citation. Finishing a Maine traffic school program rather than paying the traffic ticket, would guarantee their insurance rates didn't increase for many years to come since no points would be put onto their record. Choosing a state endorsed traffic school program will dismiss your traffic ticket and help you be a better driver.
Within your Maine traffic school training course, you will learn information about risk-free driving and dismiss your citation. Register for the Maine online traffic school course as soon as your court gives permission. During the program you'll find out how to prevent accidents, traffic violations, and a number of strategies to become an improved driver. Moreover, the Internet training course is convenient, speedy, and entertaining.
Enrolling in Maine Traffic School
In order to avoid highly-priced car insurance rates and points against your record, abide by these steps to dismiss your citation with Maine traffic school. It's actually a surprisingly straightforward process.
- Phone and ask authorization from the court to take traffic school with the court info on your violation.
- Now that you have consent with the court, find a Maine state accredited traffic school program. People normally go for online traffic school so they are able complete it from their house. As soon as you choose your course, register.
- Complete the program ahead of the deadline on the ticket. Although the online Maine traffic school is untimed, most people report it takes around 6 hours to complete. However, you can sign in and out as you please with the online course.
- To verify that you finished the training course, you will receive a completion certificate. You will need to bring the certificate of completion to the court.
Maine Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
The Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles, or BMV, uses a points system to record and track any violations you may incur. These include all traffic tickets and motor vehicle related offenses, the more serious the offense the more points you will receive. These points affect both your insurance premiums and your license status. Use the information below to better understand the Maine points system.
- Crossover violation: 2 points
- Displaying a blue light: 2 points
- Displaying a red light: 2 points
- Excessive noise: 2 points
- Failure to dim headlights: 2 points
- Failure to signal: 2 points
- Failure to obey traffic island: 2 points
- Failure to reduce speed for a grade or curve: 2 points
- Following too closely: 2 points
- Illegal left turn: 2 points
- Illegal right turn: 2 points
- Illegal U-turn: 2 points
- Impeding the flow of traffic: 2 points
- Improper turn: 2 points
- Lane conviction: 2 points
- Littering: 2 points
- Obstructing the flow of traffic: 2 points
- Obstructing traffic: 2 points
- Operating a motor vehicle without tail lights: 2 points
- Operating without lights: 2 points
- Other moving violations: 2 points
- Speed under posted minimum: 2 points
- Squealing tires: 2 points
- Trailer without lights: 2 points
- Trucks traveling less than 150 feet apart: 2 points
- Exceeding posted speed by less than 15 mph: 4 points
- Excessive acceleration: 4 points
- Failure to keep right: 4 points
- Failure to return to right: 4 points
- Failure to yield to emergency vehicle: 4 points
- Failure to yield (no sign): 4 points
- Failure to yield to pedestrian: 4 points
- Failure to yield (sign): 4 points
- Failure to give way to other vehicle: 4 points
- Failure to obey stop sign: 4 points
- Failure to stop at red light: 4 points
- Failure to yield right of way: 4 points
- Imprudent driving: 4 points
- Operating with an obstructed view: 4 points
- Operating without a license (traffic infraction) : 4 points
- Red light operation: 4 points
- Driving on wrong side of road: 6 points
- Driving wrong way on one-way street: 6 points
- Exceeding posted speed by at least 15 mph but less than 30 mph: 6 points
- Illegal transportation, possession, or consumption of liquor in a motor vehicle by a minor: 6 points
- Illegal transportation of drugs in a motor vehicle by a minor: 6 points
- Improper passing: 6 points
- Leaving the scene of an accident with property damage: 6 points
- Operating beyond license restrictions: 6 points
- Operating with improper license: 6 points
- Operating without corrective lenses: 6 points
- Operating left on curve: 6 points
- Other improper passing: 6 points
- Passing within 100 feet of intersection: 6 points
- Passing on curve or hill: 6 points
- Passing on right: 6 points
- Passing on wrong side: 6 points
- Using false ID to obtain liquor: 6 points
- Violating Do Not Pass: 6 points
- Violation of instruction permit: 6 points
- Operating motorcycle beyond restriction: 6 points
Whenever you collect quite a few points quickly you are in danger of having your license suspended. You may prevent getting your driver's license revoked by taking traffic school in some cases. The subsequent info on Maine driver's license suspension will show how many points will cause suspension and well as other offenses that trigger Maine license suspension.
- 12 points or more in a year: automatic suspension
- Failure to file auto insurance
- Failure to appear in court for a traffic ticket or violation
- Driving under the influence (DUI, OUI, DWI)
- Failure to stop for a police officer: 30 day suspension
- Leaving the scene of an injury accident: 30 day suspension
- Driving alone with a learner's permit: 30 day suspension
- Driving without a license (criminal) : 30 day suspension
- Passing a stopped school bus: 30 day suspension
- Speeding 30 mph or more over the speed limit: 30 day suspension
- Altering a license or registration certificate: 30 day suspension
- Loaning a license: 30 day suspension
- Unlawful use of license: 30 day suspension
- Displaying a suspended license: 30 day suspension
- Falsifying an application for registration or license: 30 day suspension
- Giving false information to a police officer: 30 day suspension
- Driving with a suspended license: 60 days suspension
- Eluding a police officer: 90 days suspension
- Passing a roadblock: 90 days suspension
- Street racing: 90 days suspension
Car Insurance Discounts for Completing Traffic School
Searching for a lower priced automobile insurance premium? Insurance carriers might possibly decrease month-to-month auto insurance rates when you use Maine online traffic school. They are prepared to provide a lower price since you're deepening your understanding of safe driving and you will be less likely to find yourself in accidents. Always call your insurance firm first to guarantee they offer the discount. Then merely register and give your completion certificate to the insurance agency.
Recommended Traffic School in Maine
Maine approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Maine. Dismiss your ticket in Maine today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.