New York Traffic School
In New York, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a New York Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in New York
Sad to say, the majority of us get a traffic ticket during our lives and over 96% of men and women just pay the citation. If they did not pay the traffic ticket and registered for a New York defensive driving course instead, they would not see the unfavorable effects of the citation on their driver's record and car insurance. Along with getting your traffic ticket dismissed, additionally, you'll find out helpful information about risk-free driving.
During your New York defensive driving program, you'll learn important info about secure driving and dismiss your citation. To start, call the court to inquire about if you're able to use defensive driving, after which just sign up for a online NY defensive driving program. The training course is full of helpful tips about avoiding accidents, potential traffic tickets, plus more. Taking the defensive driving program online allows you to utilize the entertaining and easy training course at your very own schedule.
Signing up for New York Defensive Driving
Unlike what you might think, registering for New York defensive driving is easy. Get the traffic violation dismissed by following a few simple steps so you don't need to pay for years into the future for the ticket. It can remove up to 4 points from your NY driving record.
- Get your traffic violation and find the court information on the back of the citation normally. Get authorization from your court by getting in contact with them to find out if you're able to use defensive driving.
- Choose a DMV accredited New York defensive driving training course. Typically people choose to take their defensive driving training course online because it is far more convenient. Then simply stick to the instructions to register for your course.
- Always finish the program prior to your deadline. This is critical to reap the benefits of the defensive driving course.
- Once you complete the course, you will get a certificate of completion to dismiss your ticket. You have to give the completion certificate to the courthouse.
New York Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
To keep the roads and highways safe, New York uses a points system that tracks traffic tickets and other moving violations. This system adds points to your driving record each an every time you get a violation and they stay on your record for three years. The information below outlines the New York points system.
- Speeding (MPH over speed limit not indicated): 3 points
- Speeding 1 - 10 MPH over the speed limit: 3 points
- Speeding 11 - 20 MPH over the speed limit: 4 points
- Speeding 21 - 30 MPH over the speed limit: 6 points
- Speeding 31 - 40 MPH over the speed limit: 8 points
- Speeding 40 MPH or more over the speed limit: 11 points
- Reckless driving: 5 points
- Failed to stop for a school bus: 5 points
- Inadequate brakes: 4 points
- Improper cell phone use: 2 points
- Following too closely: 4 points
- Passing improperly, changing lanes unsafely, driving to the left of center, driving in the wrong direction: 3 points
- Failed to obey a traffic signal, a Stop sign, or a Yield sign: 3 points
- Railroad crossing violation: 3 points
- Failed to yield the right-of-way: 3 points
- Passenger safety violation, including seat belt and child safety seat violations for passengers under the age of 16: 3 points
- Left the scene of an accident that includes property damage or the injury of a domestic animal: 3 points
- Other moving violations: 2 points
- Inadequate brakes (vehicle of an employer): 2 points
- Use of portable electronic device ("texting"): 2 points
The following info on New York driver's license suspension demonstrates what number of points may cause suspension. In most circumstances, taking defensive driving will help you prevent this since it removes 4 points from your New York driving history.
- 11 points or more in an 18 month period
- 3 speeding violations within 18 months regardless of point total
- Driving under the influence of driving or drugs
- Driving without proper insurance
Car Insurance Discounts for Completing Defensive Driving
You can get a lower price for your auto insurance rates by completing defensive driving. Taking a New York defensive driving training course is most likely the answer to get more affordable auto insurance rates. Insurance firms will reward you for doing defensive driving because you'll certainly be a better driver at the end of the course. Oftentimes the auto insurance price cut is 20%. It is smart to check with your insurance company just before enrolling. It's then as easy as enrolling in an online defensive driving training course in New York.
Recommended Traffic School in New York
New York approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in New York. Dismiss your ticket in New York today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.