Pennsylvania Traffic School
In Pennsylvania, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a Pennsylvania Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in Pennsylvania
Were you the recipient of a Pennsylvania traffic violation? You'll be able to avoid the harmful consequences of your traffic ticket by registering for a state authorized traffic school training course. Dismissing a ticket with traffic school will ensure you do not have your car insurance rates increase as a consequence of added points against your driver's record. One more reward is that you also learn about to become a better driver.
You can easily take traffic school in Pennsylvania. To enroll you simply need to get authorization from the court and enroll in an in person or web based traffic school course. In the training course you'll find out how to prevent accidents, traffic tickets, and many tips to become a better motorist. Not only is the web based traffic school program stress-free, it is quick and entertaining.
How to Take Pennsylvania Traffic School
Completing a state accepted Pennsylvania traffic school is simpler than you might think. Just complete a few simple steps and you can steer clear of the expensive consequences of your traffic violation and also have your citation dismissed.
- Contact the court from which you were given your traffic violation to find out whether you can take traffic school to dismiss your traffic infraction. The court's contact information is going to be located on your ticket.
- Right after having permission from the court, you've got to look for a traffic school that's state authorized. Even though you are able to take your traffic school online or in person, a lot of people like web based classes much better. Then using your traffic ticket info, enroll for the program.
- Finish the Pennsylvania traffic school program. The course will last about 6 hours, although the online traffic school option is untimed. At the end of the course there will be a final exam and you need a score of 80%.
- To confirm you completed the course, you'll receive a completion certificate Finally, you must bring the certificate of completion to the court.
Pennsylvania Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
To make sure that drivers who continually break traffic laws are not on the road, the Pennsylvania DOT uses a point system. Under the PennDOT point system, each traffic violation comes with a certain number of points and those points are added to your driving record if you are found guilt y of a violation. As these points amass, your car insurance becomes more expensive and you could lose your license. Learn more about the Pennsylvania points system below.
- Violating license restrictions (not wearing glasses, for example): 2 points
- Failure to obey an authorized person directing traffic: 2 points
- Not stopping at a red light: 3 points
- Ignoring a flashing red light: 3 points
- Failure to yield half of roadway to oncoming traffic: 3 points
- Improper passing on a hill: 4 points
- All other improper passing: 3 points
- Tailgating: 3 points
- All failures to yield: 3 points
- Ignoring approaching train signals: 2 points
- Circumventing train gates: 4 points and a 30-day suspension
- Not stopping for a school bus with flashing red lights: 5 points and 60-day suspension
- Not stopping when entering from an alley, driveway, or building: 3 points
- Exceeding the speed limit by six to 10 mph: 2 points
- Exceeding the speed limit by 11 to 15 mph: 3 points and a 15-day suspension if in a work zone
- Exceeding the speed limit by 16 to 25 mph: 4 points and a 15-day suspension if in a work zone
- Exceeding the speed limit by 26 to 30 mph: 5 points and a 15-day suspension if in a work zone
- Exceeding the speed limit by 31 mph or more: 5 points, a 15-day suspension if in a work zone, and possible other penalties as determined by a hearing examiner
- Challenging posted school zone speed limit: 3 points
- Not yielding to pedestrian in crosswalk: 2 points
- Not yielding to blind pedestrian: 3 points
- Improper backing: 3 points
- Careless driving: 3 points
- Leaving the scene of an accident that results in property damage: 4 points
When you collect numerous points in a short time you run the risk of losing your license. The subsequent information on Pennsylvania driver's license suspension illustrates how many points may cause suspension. You in some cases can prevent the loss of your driver's license by taking traffic school.
- 6 Points or more on your Driving Record 1st Offense: Must pass a written exam or your license will be suspended
- 6 Points or more on your Driving Record 2nd Offense: PennDOT department hearing and possible suspension for 15 days
- 6 Points or more on your Driving Record 3rd Offense: PennDOT department hearing and possible suspension for 30 days
- Excessive Speeding 31 mph or more above speeding limit: PennDOT department hearing and possible suspension for 30 days
- 11 points or more on your Driving Record 1st Offense: five days per point
- 11 points or more on your Driving Record 2nd Offense: 10 days per point
- 11 points or more on your Driving Record 3rd Offense: 15 days per point
- 11 points or more on your Driving Record 4thOffense: one year
- Failure to stop for a school bus with red flashing lights: potential 60 day suspension
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol: automatic suspension
Car Insurance Discounts for Completing Traffic School
Want a cheap automobile insurance monthly payment? Many insurance service providers give reduced prices to people should they use traffic school. Insurance firms want their vehicle operators to be safe and automobile accident free so when you utilize a traffic school training course, the majority of insurance carriers will give you a price reduction as you are deepening your familiarity with safe driving policies. Always call up your insurance company first to be sure they offer the discount. If and when they say yes, sign up for an online course and send in your completion certificate.
Recommended Traffic School in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in Pennsylvania. Dismiss your ticket in Pennsylvania today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.