West Virginia Traffic School
In West Virginia, taking a state approved Traffic School course will help you to learn traffic laws and safe driving techniques. Moreover, if you recently received a traffic ticket, taking a West Virginia Traffic School course, will help you with ticket dismissal, eliminating points on your driving record/history, and expensive rate hikes on your auto insurance plan.
Traffic School in West Virginia
Using a state accepted West Virginia traffic school course will refresh your memory on safe driving skills and traffic laws. For those who got a traffic violation, completing a West Virginia traffic school course is much more critical. The traffic school training course will dismiss your traffic citation to make sure you don't have points put onto your driver's record or costly insurance plan hikes.
Finishing a West Virginia traffic school course will help you dismiss a traffic ticket and make it easier to become a far better motorist. The training course has material that can help you to be a less dangerous driver The online West Virginia traffic school course is simple and interesting, and once you obtain approval from your court you may sign up for the course and begin.
How Would You Register For West Virginia Traffic School
Taking and finishing a West Virginia traffic school course is fairly painless. You simply need to follow a handful of steps and your citation can be dismissed and points will not be put into your driving record.
- Get a hold of the court from which you were given your traffic citation to see if you possibly can take traffic school to dismiss your traffic infraction or reduce points on your record. The info to contact the court will be on the ticket.
- Now that you have permission from the court, enroll in a West Virginia traffic school training course online that is approved by the state.
- Just complete the program ahead of the due date on your ticket. If you take an online traffic school course you can sign in and out as you please and take the course at your own convenience.
- The course ends by giving you a certificate of completion. You need to deliver the completion certificate to the court.
West Virginia Traffic Violations, Points, and Driver License Suspensions
Keeping track of traffic violations is important to the state of West Virginia to ensure that unsafe drivers are not on the roads. To track drivers and habitual offenders, West Virginia uses a point system. In this point system, you will receive points on your driving record each time you receive a ticket. Learn more about the West Virginia point system below.
- Fleeing a police officer: 8 points
- Hit and Run/Leaving the Scene: 6 points
- Speeding in a school zone: 6 points
- Reckless driving: 6 points
- Speeding 15 mph or more above posted limit: 5 points
- All Lane violations: 3 points
- Speeding 10 to 14 m.p.h. above posted limit: 3 points
- Driving wrong way on a one-way street: 3 points
- Driving too fast for conditions: 3 points
- All varieties of failure to yield: 3 points
- Failure to maintain control/use due care: 3 points
- Failure to obey traffic light/sign or control device: 3 points
- Failure to obey stop sign: 3 points
- Failure to follow instruction of police officer: 3 points
- Failure to observe safety zone: 3 points
- Hazardous driving/careless driving: 3 points
- Passing violations: 3 points
- Littering: 3 points
- Improper turn/backing/start/stop: 2 points
- Impeding traffic: 2 points
- Improper entering/exiting trafficway: 2 points
- All varieties of improper lights: 2 points
- Following too closely: 2 points
- Improper signal/failure to signal: 2 points
- More than three passengers in front seat: 2 points
- Speeding 5 to 9 m.p.h. above posted limit: 2 points
- All varieties of failure to possess/display a valid driver's license and/or the proper endorsements: 2 points
- Certain offenses of driving while suspended: 2 points
- Joyriding: 2 points
Completing a West Virginia traffic school course can stop driver's license suspension in some cases. Because the points do not show on your driving record should you complete traffic school, you won't have to fear losing your license from having a lot of traffic tickets.
- 12-13 points: 30 Days license suspension
- 14-15 points: 45 Days license suspension
- 16-17 points: 60 Days license suspension
- 18-19 points: 90 Days license suspension
- 20+ points: License is suspended until accumulated points are reduced to 11 or less
- Failing to notify the DMV of an accident
- Operating while intoxicated
- Giving false information to the DMV
- Using someone else's driver's license
- Letting another person use your driver's license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Refusal of a breath test requested by a police officer
Auto Insurance Discounts for Finishing Traffic School
Insurance agencies will provide discount rates to folks who take traffic school and do not have a traffic citation. You can get cheaper automobile insurance monthly premiums through taking a West Virginia traffic school training course. If you finish a traffic school training course you'll be an improved driver and that's why your insurer will provide a price reduction. Discount rates are generally around 20%. It is smart to check with your insurance firm prior to enrolling. And finally, sign up for a West Virginia traffic school program, finish it, and mail the certificate of completion to your insurer.
Recommended Traffic School in West Virginia
West Virginia approved Traffic School online course provided by . With more than 1 million satisfied students, is the #1 provider of Traffic School courses online in West Virginia. Dismiss your ticket in West Virginia today!
Take Traffic School Online. * Link opens in a new window.